The never-ending chronicle of my new Saltwater Aquarium

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

2 Coats (and it is still summer time)

Today after work I stopped by the paint store to pick up some extra foam rollers and headed home for some more quality time spent with my stand. With dark clouds looming on the horizon I had to quickly get everything out to the garage before the skies opened up and it poured.

This picture was taken as the rumble of thunder could be heard

In order to put on a second coat of paint I had to first sand down any of the rough spots left behind while painting the first coat. Unfortunately this undoes some of the hard work I did the prior day and makes the stand look a lot less attractive:

Why must I destroy that which I create?

After a short interlude of depression suffered from looking at my now not-so-shiny aquarium stand I got to work. I never realized how easy putting on the second coat would be. Existing paint seems to be the best kind of surface for new paint to adhere to. Thanks to special guest photographer "Mom" I have some footage me actually painting:

and stroke...stroke...stroke...stroke...

I seem to have painted myself into a corner...

I've got probably one more coat of paint left to go. The inside of the stand is definitely done. I really don't need to waste paint on something I'll only see when I'm reaching for some fish food or adjusting the light fixture timer. I also ordered knobs for the doors that I think will look pretty cool. I'll show those off later. Currently this is what the stand looks like:

Oooooh, I can see my reflection...

I'm actually quite surprised as to how much reaction I've received from posting this. In the last 24 hours I've gotten over 65 unique visitors to this page. Feel free to pass this along to anyone else who you think would enjoy my progress. I know I'm missing some email addresses of a few of my friends and family. Things are only going to get more exciting as time goes on. A saltwater tank progresses very slowly, but the steps are fun enough to be worth reading about. Join us next time when we'll find out the answers to a few major questions: What sort of fish will we find swimming in my tank? How long till we actually see some life forms? And, will Jane really go to the dance with Joey? The answers to this, and more, next time. Until then...

~Paul Out

As the sun sets over the island, we wonder who will carry the torch on to the next round...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home